Advanced Web Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignAdvanced Web Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 stevesapparel User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 18 m 6 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Question Starting From Scratch. Where Do I Start ??...

I am converting my site ever so slowly to a roll my own Code version instead of the current cookie cutter datafeed site.

Where do I begin ?

Are thjere any sample codes for setting up my products in my data base then linking them to my CMS & Cart and getting them to display correctly ?

Any help ?

I noted an ad for wrox dot com that discusses the books I might need, but I cannot make heads or tails of the titles.

I have a running / functioning store, we have installed / converted it to a joomla! site & are currently using a outsourced datafeed for our product display. Which we want to get rid of said prod display & "roll Our Own". We have the datbase set up a bit, we are using MySQL & PHP5 and are installing VirtueMart & setting it up.

Now it is just a matter of adding our own private prod descrips, pics, & upc codes as well as individual prod pages and connecting it all to the cart. Then getting the cc button hooked up & setting up the product layout on the landing page to make it look & feel right. This will help us make the transition from an Affiliate site to a Merchant site, which we hope to launch on Share A Sale in the coming months.

Obviously I need to bone up on a few things to get this up & running the right way and I like open source stuff the best since I am a devout Linux guy.

Can anyone point us in the right direction & save us months of searching ?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Williams CEO
StevesApparel
Wilmer, Texas 75172

Last edited by stevesapparel : April 4th, 2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Added req 4 more info / Book comment...

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignAdvanced Web Development > Starting From Scratch. Where Do I Start ??...

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: