ASP Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingASP Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 antz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 58 m 53 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Saving a file path to a database

hey guys, i'm building an application for a school project. the project is a student registration system for a school and one of the requirements is to store a photo for every registered student.

i am using an ms access database and a web based front ent for the user. the asp vbscript page is being developed in dreamweaver. in my database in the student table there is a column named student photo, which stores the PATH to the file as text. when i wrote the code for the page, i specified <input type="file" name="photo" /> this allows the user to browse and select the desired image. after choosing the image, the path appears in the field but after applying the insert record server behaviour, the record does not insert into the database. can any one help me

antz

Old May 6th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 antz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 58 m 53 sec
Reputation Power: 0
thank you for responding, i really appreciate it, but i dont want to upload the file per say, i have a folder on my system to store images, so i want the user to select the image from that folder, but i the FILE PATH to be sent to the database. so whenever i run a query, it will display the actual photo.

by saving the file path it will not consume too much space.

P.S. i did indeed cheeck google and ask but i couldnt find anything that would help me. i really dont know programming and everything sounds like greek to me. as long as i can "read it" in english then i wont be able to understand what it does. i look forward to a reply.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingASP Development > Saving a file path to a database

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: