ASP Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingASP Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old March 13th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 ACH381 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Question Word 2000 Templates, Documents, and Scripts

I need a way to deploy Word 2000 form templates with scripts to employees using the templates from two different locations, but needing to share the documents with each other.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, when a document is created from a template, none of the scripts transfer from the template to the new document. Instead, a reference to the template is placed in the VBA Project. When a script is called in the document, it is accessed from the template.

Some of our employees access templates stored on the local C:\ drive because they are not permanently connected to the network. Other employees (clerks in the office) access templates from the network only, because they are always connected. Here's my problem: When someone creates a document from a template on C:\ and sends the document to a clerk in the office, none of the scripts run because the clerk doesn't have the templates on C:\. When a clerk creates a document from a network based template and sends it out to one the C:\ based employees, the scripts don't run because the reference is to the template on the network.

I placed a script in the "Document_New" sub to copy the scrips from the template to the document to make each document a self-contained unit; however, our Virus software detects this as a virus and deletes all the scripts from the document, and sometimes from the template.

Is there a way to deploy the templates without copying them to the C:\ drive on every computer? Should I use something other than templates? Am I developing the templates wrong? Is there a way to make the documents a self-contained unit without tripping the Virus Software?

I'll be glad to send or post my scripts or anything else.

Old March 15th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 ACH381 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I've looked all weekend but still have not come up with anything. I also sent a message to Microsoft on their Online Assisted Support. If I come up with any answers I'll post them.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingASP Development > Word 2000 Templates, Documents, and Scripts

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: