C/C++ Help

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingC/C++ Help

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Contributing User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 35 jaro User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 6 h 16 m 44 sec
Reputation Power: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to jaro
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT"

hi all,

i'm recieving this message below and I don't how to resolve the warning.

Quote:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

can anyone explain to me what does this message mean? and how to resolve this. I've try googling it but the result ( for me ) did not explain to me clearly.

my app is a win32 console application. i've added a wsock32.lib and made it Multithreaded ( by changing Code Generation ) and also I've added msvcrt.lib ( through Project Setting and select Linker tab ). I was instructed to do this and I don't know why and now I have to find a way to clear the warning mention above.

Any help that would shed light to this will be much appreciated..

btw: I'm using MVC 6 and my os is win2k

-jaro

Old December 16th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Registered Loser

Posts: 347 Geo.Garnett User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level)Geo.Garnett User rank is Private First Class (20 - 50 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 Days 3 h 13 m 45 sec
Reputation Power: 14
Send a message via AIM to Geo.Garnett
Well, all I can tell by that is that your libraries and include are conflicing in some way. Is your program a single file or do you have multiple files, other than the standard includes and the extra libraries? Just as a far chance guess Im am assuming that you are writing a code to use sockets, I would try to add the file winsock2.h(should be in your standard include files) to your includes and see if that does the trick. I am a novice when it comes to network programming but its worth a try eh. I once tried to do exactly what a book sez in its examples and rarely do they function properly do to the difference in machines, compilers and the age of the libraries being used but good luck.

Old December 18th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 37 marmo User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 15 m 20 sec
Reputation Power: 14
Hey Jaro, I'm not sure if you read the msdn article about this error so check out this link it may help you out.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/lnk4098.asp
It basically states that you have to ignore certain libraries when using different types of builds. i.e. Single-Threaded, Multi-Threaded etc.

Old December 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 35 jaro User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 6 h 16 m 44 sec
Reputation Power: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to jaro
RE: LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmo
Hey Jaro, I'm not sure if you read the msdn article about this error so check out this link it may help you out.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/lnk4098.asp
It basically states that you have to ignore certain libraries when using different types of builds. i.e. Single-Threaded, Multi-Threaded etc.

thank marmo this link did the trick...
-jaro

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingC/C++ Help > LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT"

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: