Cold Fusion Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingCold Fusion Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 alaskaboy User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
CF Application Timeout Question

I have a client who had an admin section built for them in Cold Fusion by another developer. I am trying to increase their session time out from the default 20 minutes on the Administrator level to 1 hour using the ApplicationTimeout variable. They had an application.cfm file in the folder and so I added the line of code for the applicationtimeout.
<CFAPPLICATION
NAME = "FinderAdminLogin"
SESSIONMANAGEMENT = "Yes"
APPLICATIONTIMEOUT = "#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,1,0)#">

I was just trying to test it and see if I get bumped out of the session after 1 minute. It didn't work. Is the application.cfm file automatically used in all pages or do you have to include the file? Any ideas why this isn't working for me? I'm not a ColdFusion programmer so I may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks.

Old June 28th, 2004, 05:15 PM

Posts: 2 TerryK User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy
I have a client who had an admin section built for them in Cold Fusion by another developer. I am trying to increase their session time out from the default 20 minutes on the Administrator level to 1 hour using the ApplicationTimeout variable. They had an application.cfm file in the folder and so I added the line of code for the applicationtimeout.
<CFAPPLICATION
APPLICATIONTIMEOUT = "#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,1,0)#">

I was just trying to test it and see if I get bumped out of the session after 1 minute. It didn't work. Is the application.cfm file automatically used in all pages or do you have to include the file? Any ideas why this isn't working for me? I'm not a ColdFusion programmer so I may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks.

APPLICATIONTIMEOUT kills any application variables you may be using (these are specific to the application, not the session). To end a session after one minute, try changing the code above to read:

<CFAPPLICATION
SESSIONTIMEOUT = "#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,1,0)#">

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:15 PM

Posts: 3 clint317 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Send a message via MSN to clint317
Additional FYI:
Application timeout in the Application.cfm should not go over the default application timeout in the CF server (20 or 30sec's). It's best to set this by the server first if you can. Otherwise you will get an error 1/500 of the time. Trust me on this. Once I had a timeout of 45 and every once in a while the site would throw an error and I had to close the browser to clear it. I read the docs about the error and found I had to lower it to 20. Since then, I haven't had the error.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingCold Fusion Development > CF Application Timeout Question

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: