Cold Fusion Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingCold Fusion Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old December 25th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 7 Smileystuey User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
How can i do this ???

Hi, i have just started learning coldfusion and am extremely excited about the new possibilities data integration brings to a website!
My first project is to build a site for holiday villas which i would like to include a database for availability.
My initial idea was to build a database with 365 columns, one for each day of the year, then the availability checker would be a database query to see what values were in the columns (type thing!)
I would like to be able to add booking details to each date when they happen so as an administrator i can see whats happening on certain dates. Would this be a relational database, one for bookings and one for the dates?
Im using coldfusion on iis5 and microsoft access databases.
I have completed some tutorials and understand setting up the site with a remote folder and testing server and can set up data sources.

Can anyone help me figure out how to stucture the databases to handle this functionality, is the way im thinking somewhere right or is there a much better way??? Please help i cant wait to learn!

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Posts: 1 elliotgilford User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 9 m 30 sec
HI I AM DOING THE SAME PROJECT AS YOUR HOLIDAY VILLA ONES AND WOULD B REALLY GREATFUL IF YOU COULD PASS ON ANY ADVICE ON HOW U RECORDED YOUR BOOKINGS AND AVAILABILATY DATES!

(E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules)

Old February 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Posts: 1 CFisbest User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 14 m 44 sec
Hi,

I think a better way of doing this would be have 2 tables where one would have fields like Day,Month,Year and BookingID and the other table would be for bookings which would have the booking details , then when the booking is made you would populate both the tables with respective data and when required create a join query & pull out the related records . Hope it helps !!!

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingCold Fusion Development > How can i do this ???

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: