Database Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesDatabase Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 rrogerson User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 18 m 23 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Database Design

Hi

I am new to forums so please forgive me if I have sent this to the wrong forum or not explained my question very clearly.

I have created a database in SQL Server 2000 that has been used for a good 3 years. The database holds customer information for a chain of restaurants and holds additional information such as restaurant registered to and customer type. The initial requirement of this database was to use this customer information to produce loyality cards so it was very important when designing the database that e.g. name, address etc were manditory fields and the data had to be "good". However the client has changed the focus of the application and now wants to hold non loyality card customers for purely marketing purposes. In some instances the client may only know the email address of the customer. They also want to use the loyality card customers for marketing purposes as well. Could anyone please advise me on how to go about this? I don't know whether or not to create a new table or to take off the contraints of the existing table but this worries me for new loyality card customers.

Many thanks

Ruth

Old April 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 crismanaon User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 30 m 43 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Good post here, I need your help.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesDatabase Development > Database Design

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: