Database Development
Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesDatabase Development

Add This Thread To:   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
Posts: 1 Subhunter User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 44 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Database development issues

Please see attached Relationship picture. (note: could not upload file. Where do I do that?)

I am having a heck of a time getting this database to work how we need it to.

Outline: Need to take in Orders from Customers with their PO Number. They can order any number of our products. Each product ordered will have its own due date (we manufacture our own products here).

Now, when the order information is inputted we need to update the Production report. This will show the due date, po number, product ordered, number shipped, etc.

These two aspects of my database I have no problem setting up and making the forms and reports. Already done. My problem arises when I try to set up an Invoice Log to generated numbers for shipping. This is only a log for shipping and NOT payments. We're just keeping track of what heads out the door.

As you can see from the attachment I am trying to Invoice into a separate branch off of the Orders Table. The issue is that I need the Unit Price information in the Order Details. No matter what I try I run into a road block in getting that information in my query.

Can this be set up differently in order to Invoice the data? We cannot change anything once the Order is inputted. Or can we just set up a way to move the data from qtyordered to qty shipped? Maybe not move just update an new block and generate the InvoiceNumber in the same branch as the Order Details......

I'm lost on this one and we need to get the done ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Subhunter : February 11th, 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: No uploaded file.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesDatabase Development > Database development issues

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: