General Programming Help

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 soda_jerk User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
.bat or .exe? Start/run program a set way?

hi, I'm doing an experiment where i need lots of processor intensive tasks that i can distribute to different machines. The problem is I need to have them as executables that will run without intervention. With batch files i thought that i could start the software (i can) and have it run as though i was inputting text myself at runtime(which i can't get working).
--
:: permutecombine.bat

:: Runs permute

::

@ECHO OFF

C:

CD\lotterysoftware

PermuteCombine
---
The app i'm using is great. It generates lots of numbers from ueser-inputted numbers. All I require is a file that can start up the software (as above) but also put the following commands into the software ("c", "1", "100", <enter>,"4",<enter>,"log.txt",<enter>). Please if anybody knows how i can do this. I have spent so long trying to do this.

It still runs in the small DOS command window but will not accept the extra lines. I desperatley need to get around this problem. I can find no processor intensive tasks that work without user input. I have a small maths program too that can accept large integers but is not as suited and also leaves me same problem.

Could this be done in java or C+? Anybody know code to fix .bat file. I have tried variations of echo and tried pauses and stuff.

=W=

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help > .bat or .exe? Start/run program a set way?

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: