General Programming Help
 
Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me
 



Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help

Reply
Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
  #1  
Old March 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Shame Shame is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5 Shame User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 41 m 7 sec
Reputation Power: 0
DocumentDirect (Mobius) 2.2 Scripting

I am looking for some help on a program script I have been working on for the last few weeks. Basically, I am creating a script in Mobius to export data from specific reports. Unfortunately, some of the reports have multiple versions for the same day, some of which contain faulty info, and my script will only automatically access the first version and error. I've created a prompt for the section identifier, but that errors as well when it is not located in the first position on the list. I've tried everything that I can think of. If anyone has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
LindyJ LindyJ is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1 LindyJ User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 9 m 45 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Any Luck?

I know this was awhile back, but did you have any luck with this?

--LindyJ

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
handerso handerso is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1 handerso User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 20 m 6 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Mobius Admin

I appended files and then used that apended file to be the file that is archived




Quote:
Originally Posted by LindyJ
I know this was awhile back, but did you have any luck with this?

--LindyJ

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
pwhite pwhite is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2 pwhite User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 m 26 sec
Reputation Power: 0
document direct scripting

I am new to document direct and trying to figure out how to script with it. can you point me to some documentation somewhere or help get me started? thanks.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handerso
I appended files and then used that apended file to be the file that is archived

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 29th, 2015, 01:39 AM
sosad sosad is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1 sosad User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 m 36 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I am creating a script in Mobius to export data from specific reports. Unfortunately, some of the reports have multiple versions for the same day, some of which contain faulty info, and my script will only automatically access the first version and error. I've created a prompt for the section identifier, but that errors as well when it is not located in the first position on the list. I've tried everything that I can think of. If anyone has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

________________
GuL

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 11th, 2016, 02:28 PM
shiznaw shiznaw is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1 shiznaw User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 15 m 31 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I have an answer if you still require it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame
I am looking for some help on a program script I have been working on for the last few weeks. Basically, I am creating a script in Mobius to export data from specific reports. Unfortunately, some of the reports have multiple versions for the same day, some of which contain faulty info, and my script will only automatically access the first version and error. I've created a prompt for the section identifier, but that errors as well when it is not located in the first position on the list. I've tried everything that I can think of. If anyone has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


I know this is really, really late but...

The answer is to crack open your .msl file with NotePad and you should find something like this:
Code:
OPENVIEW SERVERID 'DocumentDirect using TCPIP   ' REPORTID 'VCAP0079  ' EXACTREPORTID ALLEXACT


In order to create a script to extract prior versions, the code must identify the Report by Report ID + Date & Time (to the second), so the same code but directed toward a previous form is:

Code:
OPENVIEW SERVERID 'DocumentDirect using TCPIP   ' REPORTID 'VCAP0079  ' VERSIONID '20160225073636' EXACTREPORTID ALLEXACT

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:04 AM
rjayendr rjayendr is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1 rjayendr User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 m 13 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Could anyone suggest a script to find a version ID for a particular date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznaw
I know this is really, really late but...

The answer is to crack open your .msl file with NotePad and you should find something like this:
Code:
OPENVIEW SERVERID 'DocumentDirect using TCPIP   ' REPORTID 'VCAP0079  ' EXACTREPORTID ALLEXACT


In order to create a script to extract prior versions, the code must identify the Report by Report ID + Date & Time (to the second), so the same code but directed toward a previous form is:

Code:
OPENVIEW SERVERID 'DocumentDirect using TCPIP   ' REPORTID 'VCAP0079  ' VERSIONID '20160225073636' EXACTREPORTID ALLEXACT




Thank you For the reply, can anyone please suggest a script which automatically downloads the report only with the Date in the Version ID, I am able to download only the current day report with the script and i am unable to download the reports as I could not find the Version ID. Thank you.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 30th, 2017, 09:27 AM
810vf 810vf is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1 810vf User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 m 36 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I'm also interested in some code that can d/l daily reports and limit the search to date only without the specific time to the second.
any help is much appreciated.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 24th, 2017, 02:39 PM
russfort russfort is offline
Registered User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1 russfort User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 12 m 26 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I would also like to know how to do this.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help > DocumentDirect (Mobius) 2.2 Scripting


Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates


Thread Tools  Search this Thread 
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
View Your Warnings | New Posts | Latest News | Latest Threads | Shoutbox
Forum Jump

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
  
 


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

© 2003-2017 by Developer Shed. All rights reserved. DS Cluster - Follow our Sitemap