First of all Frank thanks for your reply.
But... here it comes. I have been trying to install image magick and also imagick for PHP. First of all I downloaded the latest version of image magick. I have also downloaded the latest version of imagick. Image magick (which is kind of a seperate program) works properly. But Imagick.... thats another story.
I downloaded imagick from http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?package=imagick
The instructions are in a file called "INSTALL". I have red them, and they do frustrate me alot. Here it comes:
1) make sure the path to Magick-config (the ImageMagick configuration script) is in your PATH environment variable
2) cd /usr/src/php/ext
3) untar the imagick tar
4) if the directory created is anything other then imagick, rename it to imagick
5) cd /usr/src/php/ext/imagick
1. Dont understand this step at all. What is the path to Magick-Config? And what is the ImageMagick configuration script?
6. This step is weird. What the hell is phpize? How the hell do I do it?
And why doesnt this instruction also include the php_imagick.dll file? Isnt it necessary?
All that I want to do is to install Imagick as a functional extension to PHP. And no! I dont want to use the exec(c:\...\convert.exe -argument) line in my php-code.
PLZ HELP ME.....