General Programming Help

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Contributing User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 42 aron User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 9 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 15
microsoft frontpage scripting help.

hi all, i work for a hosting compnay and im having trouble getting a frontpage script to work on a windows 2003 box.

this is the part that posts a form

//--></script><!--webbot BOT="GeneratedScript" endspan --><form method="POST" action="../_vti_bin/shtml.dll/walthamairshow/guestbook.htm" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" s-email-format="HTML/PRE" s-email-address="myemail@domain.com" b-email-label-fields="TRUE" b-email-subject-from-field="FALSE" s-email-subject="WalthamAirshowComments" s-date-format="%A %B %d, %Y" s-time-format="%I:%M:%S %p" s-builtin-fields="REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT Date Time" u-confirmation-url="confirmation.htm" startspan --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;&nbsp;

now when you hit the submit button it goes to a page with this url

http://www.mydomain.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/walthamairshow/guestbook.htm

and says this on the page.

Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: "http://www.mydomain.com/walthamairshow/confirmation.htm"

but i get the email. it works and sends it, i receive it.

if you put this in the address bar it comes up with the confirmation page.

http://www.mydomain.com/walthamairshow/confirmation.htm

its like its not redirecting to this page, anyone have any ideas please.

cheers aron.

Old September 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM

Posts: 1 realto619 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Is This Resolved Yet?

I'm pretty sure I can help you get this to work, but I don't want to post anything unless you still need an answer. It's been long enough where you probably either already found it somewhere else or fixed it yourself. Let me know if you would like my input.

Paul
nunyabizniz@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron
hi all, i work for a hosting compnay and im having trouble getting a frontpage script to work on a windows 2003 box.

this is the part that posts a form

//--></script><!--webbot BOT="GeneratedScript" endspan --><form method="POST" action="../_vti_bin/shtml.dll/walthamairshow/guestbook.htm" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" s-email-format="HTML/PRE" s-email-address="myemail@domain.com" b-email-label-fields="TRUE" b-email-subject-from-field="FALSE" s-email-subject="WalthamAirshowComments" s-date-format="%A %B %d, %Y" s-time-format="%I:%M:%S %p" s-builtin-fields="REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT Date Time" u-confirmation-url="confirmation.htm" startspan --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;&nbsp;

now when you hit the submit button it goes to a page with this url

http://www.mydomain.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/walthamairshow/guestbook.htm

and says this on the page.

Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: "http://www.mydomain.com/walthamairshow/confirmation.htm"

but i get the email. it works and sends it, i receive it.

if you put this in the address bar it comes up with the confirmation page.

http://www.mydomain.com/walthamairshow/confirmation.htm

its like its not redirecting to this page, anyone have any ideas please.

cheers aron.

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 42 aron User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 9 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 15
yes please

yes i could still use some help. I ended up backing up the site and recreating and this time letting the client upload it from there system. it no longer comes up with the error but it still does not open the confirmation page. but the client receives emails.

i have been reading and a lot of forums say its a possible bug with the FPE and win 2003..

but if you think you can help it would be much appreciated.

cheers aron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realto619
I'm pretty sure I can help you get this to work, but I don't want to post anything unless you still need an answer. It's been long enough where you probably either already found it somewhere else or fixed it yourself. Let me know if you would like my input.

Paul
nunyabizniz@hotmail.com

Old April 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Posts: 1 bmcdougall User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 12 m 29 sec
FrontPage confirmation page problem

Hello Aron,

I had the same problem once. It turned out that the problem was caused by having a form on the confirmation page. This confuses FrontPage. Just remove the form from the confirmation page and it should work. Check out Microsoft Knowlegebase article 197402.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Old January 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Posts: 1 xxxxestwwgh User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 19 sec
New here...Where Should I Start?

hi i hope i enjoy my stay here pls be nice to me thanks!

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingGeneral Programming Help > microsoft frontpage scripting help.

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: