Java Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingJava Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old November 29th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 Angel0fDeath User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via AIM to Angel0fDeath
Java extending existing Traffic class. $ for help

I"m a student at Georgia Tech and I'm looking for help with a project we've been working on. I'm not a technical guru like many of you so i'm not sure how to get the existing files to recognize each other. here's what we have to do:
You must extend at least one of the existing components of the traffic model, Traffic.java. The following are the minimum standards by which your effort will be judged:
1. You must extend one of the existing classes: Street, Intersection or Vehicle.
2. Your extension must contain at least one useful state variable not in the parent class (i.e. it causes something different to be observed).
3. Your extension must have a unique, visible difference from the parent class; this means, its own draw method adding some graphic feature not on the original class. [You may use super.draw() to draw the parts that don't change before or after you draw your unique addition]
4. Your extension must have a unique behavior different from the parent class; this means its own update method [you may call super.update(Ö) for the parent's update].
5. If you build a new Street class, you will need to change initStreets() in Map.java to include instances of your derived classes.
6. If you build a new Intersection class, you will need to change initIntersections() in Map.java to include instances of your derived classes.
7. If you built a new Vehicle class, the randomVehicle() method in Vehicle.java must be altered to include instances of your new class.
8. You must clearly document all changes you had to make to the existing classes to complete your testing.

so any help regarding this (even helpful hints) would be greatly appreciated. just name your price $$$.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hw11.zip (75.1 KB, 858 views)

Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:38 PM
Frank The Tank!
Dev Articles Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,240 FrankieShakes User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Reputation Power: 18
Send a message via ICQ to FrankieShakes Send a message via MSN to FrankieShakes
AngelofDeath,

What part are you having problems with? It seems like a straight forward assignment (I'm assuming it's an assignment ).

Let me know where you're having troubles, and I'd be glad to help out, as would most of the other java developers.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:42 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 Angel0fDeath User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Reputation Power: 0
Send a message via AIM to Angel0fDeath
heh. sorry. thanks for the concern but i did it already.

Old December 11th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Frank The Tank!
Dev Articles Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,240 FrankieShakes User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Reputation Power: 18
Send a message via ICQ to FrankieShakes Send a message via MSN to FrankieShakes
AOD,

Glad you got it worked out! Was it as hard as you had originally thought?

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingJava Development > Java extending existing Traffic class. $ for help

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: