Microsoft Access Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesMicrosoft Access Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 3 Bruce2153 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Report in calendar view

I am trying to create a report in Access 97 that will look like a calendar with information included from a number of tables/query's.
This will be tasks or appointments type information sorted by dates. If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be forever in your debt.

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:19 PM
Contributing User
Dev Articles Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 632 lwells User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 21 h 59 m 38 sec
Reputation Power: 11
Bruce,

The easiest way I can suggest is to create a form and make it look like you want with all the controls etc in the layout you want and then save the form. Then in the database window select the form, right click and save as report. Not the most fancy way, but it would work.
lwells

Old November 1st, 2004, 10:45 PM

Thanks, I tried your suggestion however this will not work when there is multiple tasks and/or dates. It also ends up with a page per event and does not provide for vacant dates.

Old November 1st, 2004, 10:57 PM
Contributing User

Bruce,

I have never tried to build a report as a calendar before, but the concept I am sure is doable. Do you have a particular template in mind as an example? I can experiment around some with field layout etc. and see what might work. And is this from an access table or some other calendar, like outlook or lotus notes that the data is stored in.

lwells

Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:52 PM

The data is stored in normal table in the access db. It would have a date field as well as others such as "Task Name" or "Description", or "Event" etc. If you can imagine a calendar with the days of the month in boxes. The report when run would display a report that looks like a month view in a calendar with the task or description displayed in the correct day of the month. If you look at this link you will get an idea I what I am trying to do via Access http://www.asp-dev.com/diary/

Thanks for your help with this - I have been looking at this problem for a few months now - without any success. Bruce

Old November 3rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Contributing User

Bruce,

I did a small limited search to see if any one already had a template designed like you have illustrated, but didn't have any luck. If you continue a search along those lines hopefully you will find someone that already has designed a report like you want. Otherwise, yep, you will have to make a custom design of your own. Which was the original suggestion I made. Make a form and lay out all the controls and lables like you want to display on your report. Making a form look like a calendar is pretty much a trial and error method until you get it to look and behave the way you want. As far as displaying each item under each day, that will depend on how the data was stored in your table for each date that was entered. If the items are stored as individual records, then a list box probably would work. If it was a memo field then you could use a text box. I would continue looking for someone who has a template built or a database they have designed already and is willing to share with you otherwise, go for it, design your own and maybe share it with others.

Best advice I can offer,
Les

Old February 11th, 2005, 07:11 AM

Posts: 1 bhavu User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 35 m 25 sec
Same problem

Hello Bruce,

I am having the same difficulty you are with creating a calendar format report. If you have come up with any solutions, I would be ever so grateful for any comments. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bhavu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2153
I am trying to create a report in Access 97 that will look like a calendar with information included from a number of tables/query's.
This will be tasks or appointments type information sorted by dates. If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be forever in your debt.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:57 AM

Posts: 1 Bina User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 m 38 sec
Calendar Report

I too am in great need of a calendar report created from table and query data. Were you able to find or create anything? ANy help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2153

Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 54 theguz User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 13 h 40 m 34 sec
Reputation Power: 10
Try this website, it may not be exactly what you want but maybe it will help you get started.
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut09.htm

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsDatabasesMicrosoft Access Development > Report in calendar view

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: