.NET Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 NeoScyther User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 2 m 28 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Can't Install Program That Uses a .mdb File

Hey guys, I finally got my program done to the point I can publish and deploy it, but now I have another issue. I decided to do a test install on my cruddy laptop (128MB RAM, 1.0Ghz AMD Athlon processor, WinXP Home, OFFICE NOT INSTALLED) and as it started to install I got this error message:

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Microsoft.Vbe.Interop Version 12.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

That has me scratching my head in confusion. I first thought it was because one of my functions physically opens Excel that would be the cause, so I commented out that function and removed the references to Excel and Office 12. Program still ran right on my main PC but the error came back on my laptop.

If I had to guess it's because I don't have Office installed on my laptop. That's all fine and dandy (and makes for a great test computer for my programs), but if it's just a .mdb file why does it have to have v12 of whatever that file is?

I know that using a .mdb file is probably nowhere near the preferred method of database programming, but I haven't learned any other way yet and don't know where to begin. Any suggestions on anything in this post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So after I realized that I've been posting on DevShed and not DevArticles, I figured I'd add a bit more info. The program utilizes a MS Access database to pull data into ListViews. Just recently I added the .mdb file as a DataSource on the right side of the VB screen (where Solution Explorer is) and that didn't help.

EDIT: Actually, I think I found a solution, but still, any info on the above situations is more than welcome.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development > Can't Install Program That Uses a .mdb File

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: