.NET Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 NeoScyther User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 2 m 28 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Deploying MySQL database with VB.NET program

Hey everyone. I've searched around for an answer to this and I'm sure it's out there, but I'm having issues finding one that I can understand...if that makes any sense.

Basically, I'm using a MySQL database in a VB.NET program. I know that just deploying the program won't do me any good if the computer it's going to be used on doesn't have a MySQL server running. If I knew it did, I'm sure some setup code could be used to setup the tables to be used in the program as a one-time setup so to speak, but if this is something I'd give to friends and such, I'd have no guaranteed way of knowing if they already have a MySQL server running to begin with.

With that, here's my question. What would be the best way to deploy a VB.NET program that utilizes a MySQL database without knowing if the other person even has MySQL servers to begin with? Is there an easy/somewhat easy solution to this, or will it just boil down to the other person having to download MySQL from somewhere? If this confuses anyone, let me know and I can elaborate a bit more on what I'm trying to do. Thanks in advance.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development > Deploying MySQL database with VB.NET program

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: