.NET Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 4 kleineda User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Question How to Create Access-like Subforms in VS.NET/ASP.NET

Hello All,

I am working with VB.NET/ASP.NET in Visual Studio and MS SQL Server 2K. I am fairly new to Visual Studio.NET and ASP.NET. I have been learning the basics, but I am struggling to figure out how to create subforms, similar to those used in MS Access.

For example, I would like to create an order form, with basic information specific to that order at the top of the page (Customer Name, Address, Phone, etc). Then I would like to have a subform below this, in which a user could enter various product numbers and quantities. I would like this subform to start with a single blank line for 1 item, and then once the first item is entered, a new line appears - just like the way it works in Access.

I've messed around with datagrids, and repeaters, but haven't been able to come up with a solution for this.

Anyone have any suggestions? Things to look into? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks,

Dan

Old August 18th, 2004, 05:49 PM

Posts: 1 AgentM User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
hi,
I am looking for the same thing, if you have any succes pls let me know.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleineda
Hello All,

I am working with VB.NET/ASP.NET in Visual Studio and MS SQL Server 2K. I am fairly new to Visual Studio.NET and ASP.NET. I have been learning the basics, but I am struggling to figure out how to create subforms, similar to those used in MS Access.

For example, I would like to create an order form, with basic information specific to that order at the top of the page (Customer Name, Address, Phone, etc). Then I would like to have a subform below this, in which a user could enter various product numbers and quantities. I would like this subform to start with a single blank line for 1 item, and then once the first item is entered, a new line appears - just like the way it works in Access.

I've messed around with datagrids, and repeaters, but haven't been able to come up with a solution for this.

Anyone have any suggestions? Things to look into? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks,

Dan

Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM

Posts: 1 Eejit User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 11 m 24 sec
Smile Success

You have to experiment with user controls and panels, I developed this one which can cope with any number of records even though Windows limits the number of controls you can add to a form (something to do with window handles) anyway this one just maintains a selection of controls around the visible area all the others are stored in a non visible collection component and dynamically add/removes them as the user scrolss up and down the form.

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:15 AM

Posts: 1 zeeshankhan User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 m 48 sec
code

how did you do that ? can you kindly show us the code ?
thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eejit
You have to experiment with user controls and panels, I developed this one which can cope with any number of records even though Windows limits the number of controls you can add to a form (something to do with window handles) anyway this one just maintains a selection of controls around the visible area all the others are stored in a non visible collection component and dynamically add/removes them as the user scrolss up and down the form.

Old October 31st, 2009, 09:19 PM

Posts: 1 Cisco281 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 8 m 23 sec
Do you have sample code

Eejit, you replied to this tread. DO you have a sample of this code in your response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eejit

Old March 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Posts: 1 kqureshi User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 26 m 49 sec
How to Create Access-like Subforms in VS.NET/ASP.NET

Hi
I have been woking to design page and subpage to duplicate form Subform(Like in Acces) concept. But I am not able to do.
can you please prove a short simple example code, if possible?

Old July 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Posts: 1 Elix User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 20 m 57 sec
I'm also trying a solution to this problem. Could
to simulate the sub form but is only for reading (generates a
error when trying to save).
Found the net for a test program (ActiveX) that promises
solve, but this is for VB6. : (

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development > How to Create Access-like Subforms in VS.NET/ASP.NET

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: