June 26th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai,Tamil Nadu,India
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Invalid Keycode error
The error you receive is due to Crystal decesion reports.
Have you registered your Crystal decesion on Internet
if not do it now. It is free only, then you will get a keycode and registration no. enter those nos while opening a new crystal report with in the .net program. (What you give usually to skip that registration).
To use your exe file on other's machine. create a package and then install the package on the other machine this will create a assembly file for keycode. Then you can run the exe file on the other machines also.
I found this on my own trials. Still if you not able to solve reply to me firstname.lastname@example.org
During the setup and deployment there are lot more to do that i will send you if you reply this
To deploy your application, you need to create a setup project and add the necessary merge modules to your application before you build your solution.
- Open your Windows application.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click your Windows application solution, point to Add then click New Project.
- In the Add New Project dialog box, select Setup and Deployment Projects in the Project Types pane and select Setup Project in the Templates pane. Click OK.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Project Output.
- In the Add Project Output Group, select Primary output and click OK. Any dependencies, such as the Managed.msm, are added automatically.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Merge Module.
- In the Add Modules dialog box, select the following merge modules to add to your Setup project and click Open:
For a description of these merge modules see Crystal Reports Merge Modules.
Note If you deploy a Windows application that uses an ADO .NET dataset, you also need to include the VC_CRT and VC_STL merge modules.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the regwiz.msm file and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, expand MergeModuleProperties and enter a valid license key in the License Key properties box.
Note Providing the license key is a mandatory step whenever you deploy a Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET application. A license key will be given to you once you have registered Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET. You can find the license key in the About dialog box. From the Help menu, choose About Microsoft Development Environment. The keycode is listed in the Installed Products field.
- From the Build menu, choose Build Solution to build your application. When deploying to a client or server computer