.NET Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 AgapeDeveloper User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 30 m 10 sec
Reputation Power: 0
SQL Sever 2010 Database Project Unresolved Reference

I am using VS 2010 Pro to create a database project. I use the Userid (uniqueidentifier/Guid) field from the aspnet_Users table (created by .net) as a foreign key in all of my application tables to identify who created a row and who last updated a row.

I do not wish to include the aspnet tables in my working project because each time I build the project, the aspnet tables would be dropped and recreated. The aspnet tables are in the same database as my application tables, though there is no requirement for them to be in the same database.

By not including the aspnet tables in my project I have created unresolved references to those tables.

How can I resolve the unresolved reference without having to drop the aspnet tables?

Thanks for your help.

Old June 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 AgapeDeveloper User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 30 m 10 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Using a Second Database Project

As I was writing the intiial post I was simultaneously working on a potentail solution.

I created a second database project and imported the database into this second poroject. This created scripts for EVERYTHING in the database. I deleted all of the scripts for for all of my application tables, functions and user data types leaving the aspnet tables and related DB objects defined in the project.

Then I built the project so as to have a dbschema file.

Next I created a database reference to the second project from my first project. That resolved my references.

This does not seem to be an optimal solution since I still had to build the second project thus dropping and recreating the aspnet tables. Yes, if done properly the first time it need only be done once, but for my optimal solution I would like to be able to simply reference a database to resolve the unresolved references without a build.

Still looking for that optimal solution.

Thanks for any help.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development > SQL Sever 2010 Database Project Unresolved Reference

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: