.NET Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 r3d User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 10 m 50 sec
Reputation Power: 0
VB.NET Simple Point of Sale application help

Hi. I am extremely new to programming and have been asked to create a simple point of sale receipt application using VB.NET. Here are my tasks.
> the application adds items to a sales receipt one at a time using an input text box and an “Add to Receipt” button
(done)
> each time the “Add to Receipt” button is pressed, the new item price is added to a list box control which acts as the receipt and the input text box is cleared for the next entry
(done)
> the application should also contain output labels for subtotal, sales tax (13%), and total that should be updated whenever an item is added to the receipt
(not done)
> the program should use a constant for the sales tax
(done)
> the application should be formatted with dollar symbols and two decimal places (for cents)
(done)
> the application also includes a clear button which when pressed clears everything and allows the user to start a brand new sales receipt.
(done)
> the application also includes an Exit button that will shut down the application when clicked
(done)
-------------------------------------------------
- The problem I am having is how to actually calculate everything within the receipt list box and spit it into the subtotal / sales tax / and totals text boxes.
- I have tried looking for some function through the listbox.Items functions but have had no luck in finding something that allows me to add all of the items inside together.
- Here is a picture of my form if this helps http://i54.tinypic.com/29auxqe.jpg
- I have provided my code below to show what
-Thank you in advance.

Code:
Public Class frmMain

'constants / declares
    Const NUMA1TAX As Integer = 0.13
    Dim precision As Integer = 2

Private Sub btnAddToReceipt_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAddToReceipt.Click

lstSalesReceiptOutput.Items.Add(txtItemPriceInput.  Text)

End Sub

Private Sub btnClear_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnClear.Click

'Clear
        txtItemPriceInput.Clear()
        tbSalesTax.Clear()
        tbSubTotal.Clear()
        tbTotal.Clear()
        lstSalesReceiptOutput.Text = ""

End Sub

Private Sub btnExit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnExit.Click

'Exit program
        Me.Close()

End Sub
End Class

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgramming.NET Development > VB.NET Simple Point of Sale application help

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: