PHP Development

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingPHP Development

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old May 28th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 Nostra User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Synchronising information between PHP module and Outlook

Hello everyone,

I have searched the net for a possible solution to an idea I have but
without any luck, however, I found a potentially interesting article on this site ("accessing COM objects in PHP") which could have been useful if it had loaded correctly.

Anyhow, I would be extremely grateful if someone could have mercy on my confused mind and help me sort out if the idea I have is possible to implement and if so guide me to more source of information. Any assistance is as always appreciated!

..--..My idea (I'm sure many others thought of this before me, but they also probably knew something I don't cause they didn't leave any trace on the net ..--..

Since I'm usually working from different computers at different places I want to develop a script or program that synchronise the information I have in outlook with an email and calender module (that is embedded in a PHP CMS).

That is, the information I put in my PHP CMS (email sent, events planned in calender) should be downloadable directly into my Outlook email (inbox, sent), calender) at my local computer and vice versa (information in local outlook email and calender should at the same time be uploaded to the PHP CMS email and calender planner).

So, is this two-way synchronisation between outlook and a CMS email- and calender module (using MySQL) possible, and if so, can it be done with PHP code or do I have to resort to other scripting languages?

I'm just learning programming (starting with VB/VBA and PHP) and my main problem is that I have a lot of ideas but short of knowledge regarding implementation.

Best regards,

Mikael L

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Dev Articles Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Posts: 588 mytch User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Reputation Power: 17
Hmm. Something like that may be possible if you setup ActiveX on the client side and use COM to talk to outlook. Is there a reason why you can't just use the info from the PHP CMS online?

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:40 AM

Posts: 2 Nostra User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Reason I cannot entirely depend on the online CMS is because I'm using Outlook for in-office collaborations (calender appointment function etc).

So, ActiveX script communicating with COM object is the way to go? Know if this has been done before (wouldn't mind doing this the easy way ?

Old June 8th, 2002, 06:22 PM

Posts: 12 nickbell User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
quite a complex project an alterantive solution is to use www.loudpc.com

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingPHP Development > Synchronising information between PHP module and Outlook

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: