Programming Tools

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingProgramming Tools

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old November 5th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 7 neobyte User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
A complex feedback form

I tryed to add some more fields to the "simple feedback form" only to discover that it "maxed-out" at 5 parameters. (The error message warned me that I had six!)
I've looked at the manual & various forums but cannot find any guide on how to write the php to process my html form that has some 20 or so entries.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I use method="post", aren't ALL of the inputs in my html (defined by the name=) automatically turned into elements of array $_POST? And if this is so, there must be a way to get them into the email that is sent to me via my php script.
I saw some brief reference to "additional_headers" but it included nothing about how to include them or any syntax examples.
The manual hasn't been any help on this. I don't get it...I thought this thing about form-to-mail was going to be easy to impliment; instead I've been struggling for days to find an answer.
Could somebody out there walk me through this? Hellllppp! :~o

Old November 5th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Forum Security

Posts: 479 wAr-AnGeL User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 6 m 50 sec
Reputation Power: 17
Send a message via ICQ to wAr-AnGeL Send a message via AIM to wAr-AnGeL
it's really easy to make a form to email script. have your form post to a page like send.php. your send.php should use the mail() using variables like $_POST["name"] for the form fields where you want them to be inputted in the message.

mail() info: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

hope it helps

"Only Linux users see the end of crashes."
- Pl4t0

Old November 8th, 2002, 01:43 AM

Posts: 7 neobyte User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
thanks wAr-AnGeL

Thing is...I read that section of the manual 20 times...to me. the following isn't even "good English", let alone the fact that it tells me virtually nothing!

The additional_parameters parameter can be used to pass an additional parameter to the program configured to use when sending mail using the sendmail_path configuration setting. For example, this can be used to set the envelope sender address when using sendmail. You may need to add the user that your web server runs as to your sendmail configuration to prevent a 'X-Warning' header from being added to the message when you set the envelope sender using this method.

I'm a guy reading a manual...what program configured to use?...what's the envelope sender?...they gotta break this down for a guy like me!

Thanks for your input though...I got some other good usable info also from jpenn. -dave/san diego
p.s. I always read the material first...I do not come to forums because I'm too lazy to study the material...just too dumb to understand them!!!

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingProgramming Tools > A complex feedback form

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: