Programming Tools

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingProgramming Tools

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 2 alderash User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Newbie Forms Question

Hi all,

I have a question concerning developing forms, and I'd just like your advice on where to begin. I'm new to web application development, so please excuse the simplicity of my question.

I would like to know how to develop a form that will submit the info into a SQL Server database. Right now, I'm just using FrontPage to generate basic forms that can send the info to an e-mail address, web page, text file, etc. I'd like to send the info to a SQL server database instead.

Basically, it's for a school who wants to set up forms to capture data for registration/seminar purposes and the like. They are on a Windows 2000 box, and want to write the data to a SQL database.

What's the easiest way of doing this? Is there a third-party form generator that will allow me to do this easily, or does it have to be done manually? Would I be using ASP to link to SQL, or something else? Also, are there any web sites that you can recommend that have tutorials on how to accomplish this?

I know this is oversimplified, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old May 13th, 2003, 03:28 PM
LordNitrous

Posts: 134 Vince User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 16
try some SQL tutorials on the main devArticles site...

Old May 13th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 403 infamous-online User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 27 m 25 sec
Reputation Power: 17
Wink Re: Newbie Forms Question

Quote:
Originally posted by alderash
Hi all,

I have a question concerning developing forms, and I'd just like your advice on where to begin. I'm new to web application development, so please excuse the simplicity of my question.

I would like to know how to develop a form that will submit the info into a SQL Server database. Right now, I'm just using FrontPage to generate basic forms that can send the info to an e-mail address, web page, text file, etc. I'd like to send the info to a SQL server database instead.

Basically, it's for a school who wants to set up forms to capture data for registration/seminar purposes and the like. They are on a Windows 2000 box, and want to write the data to a SQL database.

What's the easiest way of doing this? Is there a third-party form generator that will allow me to do this easily, or does it have to be done manually? Would I be using ASP to link to SQL, or something else? Also, are there any web sites that you can recommend that have tutorials on how to accomplish this?

I know this is oversimplified, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

i think this tutorial might help http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/18/

if not then maybe you should pick a few books

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsProgrammingProgramming Tools > Newbie Forms Question

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: