Site Reviews

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignSite Reviews

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 14 master_rickster User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 5 m 20 sec
Reputation Power: 0
My site: Navtej (Tej) Kohli's kohli-bingo-game-play.com

I did this site to educate the world about the more fun and cool ways to play Bingo. Not gambling or online Bingo. Just straight, church-approved Bingo. What do you think?
Navtej (Tej) Kohli kohli-bingo-game-play.com

Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
I'm Internet Famous
Dev Articles Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Posts: 2,886 MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Week 16 h 19 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 17
The page would be a great candidate for table-less design!
Unfortunately the HTML4 code doesn't validate

You may want to consider seperating your presentation information (like colour) from the HTML. It looks as though your pages are all static, not generated from a server-side language, so using an external stylesheet could make some changes easier. For example, if you wanted to change that red to blue. Right now you may need to change 80 files. If you linked to an external stylesheet, you would only need to make that change once and it's globally affected.

Just a suggestion, although I am a hardcore advocate of the seperation of presentation and data layers. =)

The layout itself is pretty clean looking. I like the red background, although I might not have used it behind the title text (and image of girl).

I never realized people played Bingo with so many options to win. I think I usually play with one line, four corners, or full card. Never knew there were all these other styles! =)

Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM

Posts: 14 master_rickster User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 5 m 20 sec
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowDzz
The page would be a great candidate for table-less design!
Unfortunately the HTML4 code doesn't validate

You may want to consider seperating your presentation information (like colour) from the HTML. It looks as though your pages are all static, not generated from a server-side language, so using an external stylesheet could make some changes easier. For example, if you wanted to change that red to blue. Right now you may need to change 80 files. If you linked to an external stylesheet, you would only need to make that change once and it's globally affected.

Just a suggestion, although I am a hardcore advocate of the seperation of presentation and data layers. =)

The layout itself is pretty clean looking. I like the red background, although I might not have used it behind the title text (and image of girl).

I never realized people played Bingo with so many options to win. I think I usually play with one line, four corners, or full card. Never knew there were all these other styles! =)

It doesn't Validate! Holy Moly - How clean a site does it need to be! Thanks for the great review!

Old September 14th, 2006, 08:20 AM

Posts: 1 hubbabubba User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 4 m 12 sec
Kevin Sepe, DEV Developer

Hi my name is Kevin Sepe, I love this forum for the great resources!

Best Regards

Kevin Sepe

Old September 14th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm Internet Famous
Dev Articles Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Posts: 2,886 MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Week 16 h 19 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 17
What happened to the original site I reviewed?
It looks like a parked page now...

"The net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it." -- William Gibson

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignSite Reviews > My site: Navtej (Tej) Kohli's kohli-bingo-game-play.com

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: