Site Reviews

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignSite Reviews

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 maro25 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 13 m 7 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Www.watermarksoft.com

I have just launched (URL address blocked: See forum rules)
Please review and tell me what you think?
Regards

Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
Command Line Warrior
Click here for more information

Posts: 1,029 Itsacon User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)Itsacon User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)Itsacon User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)  Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6Folding Points: 2966446 Folding Title: Super Ultimate Folder - Level 6
Time spent in forums: 1 Week 12 h 41 m 23 sec
Reputation Power: 15
Send a message via ICQ to Itsacon
Logo:

Currently, the logo looks like it reads WATERMARKLT, as the uppercase I looks like a lower-case l. I'd either make it lowercase (Watermarkit) or put a hyphen in between (Watermark-It). The latter has my preference. Or choose a `serif' font family, where it's easier to distinguish between L's and I's.

The 'Download' link shouldn't go straight to the file. Make a `neat' download(s) page, with info on the files, such as size, so that people know what they're getting. Adding an MD5 checksum looks very professional IME.

The `Download Now' and `Purchase' buttons on the frontpage have white corners. I suggest changing these to have a transparent background.

Your page isn't valid HTML yet, have a look here for the errors. I suggest fixing this, since you'll never know when a browser may stumble over your mistakes.

Good luck!

"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
---Douglas Adams

Join the Itsacon fanclub!    
Zero Tolerance: Spammers banned so far: 592

Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
I'm Internet Famous
Dev Articles Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Posts: 2,886 MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)MadCowDzz User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Week 16 h 19 m 35 sec
Reputation Power: 17
The design of the page is very clean and easy to read, good stuff! Please understand I like it, and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm cutting it up just for the sake of being critical. First off, I agree with Itsacon's advise, especially about the Logo and download buttons.

I'm not sure putting sentences of text in an H1 tag is semantically correct.
Code:
<h1>
Want to quickly add watermark to images you want to publish?<br />
Do you need to quickly visualize and add watermarks to your images?<br />
WatermarkIt is the answer!
</h1>

A screen reader or HTML parser (search engine) might mis-interpret this text; I'd be happier if it were a properly styled paragraph tag or something.

Also, just because i'm being picky, I'm not sure how useful the screenshot of "Main WatermarkIt window" is on the homepage. I would take that out and make the action shot a *little* bigger.

I feel inclined to rant and rave about Web Standards and tableless design, but I've decided against it. If you're interested though, read up on it, it's not very hard.

"The net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it." -- William Gibson

Old March 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM

Posts: 5 HostQuack User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 13 m 39 sec
Its a nice site but I would change the logo. Good work!

--
Cameron

Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM

Posts: 7 rohit09 User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 32 m 3 sec
Very Good

That was I find.. VERY GOOD Soft...

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignSite Reviews > Www.watermarksoft.com

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: