The Lizard Lounge

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsCommunityThe Lizard Lounge

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Contributing User
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 WackoZacho User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 5 m 45 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Unhappy Moderator please help me

forums(dot)devarticles(dot)com(slash)showpost(dot) php?p=458343

I would like my last name removed from the above post please. I cannot edit my own posts. Nor do I have permissions to PM a moderator for help with this, even though thats explicitly what it says to do. Also per instructions, I tried re-validating my e-mail. Post was so old it was being sent to an e-mail that no longer exists. I've tried changing my e-mail and revalidating, and I still have no permissions to contact anyone for anything, I've wasted 20 minutes trying to get this figured out without asking for help and I'm just bewildered at why everything is locked up or hidden so much, or restricted. I can't find any of the normal vb tools. Messaging is locked. Just now discovering I need a post count of 10 posts to even be able to message someone? Even a moderator? What is that going to solve? I suppose I'll be banned for posting junk to get to 10 posts, in the absence of any real reason to make a post other then this one. So I'm at a loss here. This issues out of my hands, please help if you can.

*Edit I just had to resubmit this same post because I apparently also can't post a url back to this very site? I mean external URLs I get, but I cant even link to a post within this very forum? Do we really need to be THAT Nazi? Christ, people. Who runs this place, DOJ? Do you really have THAT bad a spam problem? Not trying to flame or anything I'm just legit curious who's gonna spam back to the forum itself.

*Edit2 So... I've rewritten it into a NON url readable format. If I can't do this either then I honestly just give up, what's a man to do. I've now wasted 30 minutes trying to get something as simple as one word removed from my own post. Personally identifiable information, shouldn't really be a question of whether or not it SHOULD be taken down... Anyway please just remove my last name and delete this post or PM me when its done. Moderator, admin, anyone who "reserves this special privilege" thank you in advance for your help.

*ps in the event encoding my url somehow breaks some other forum rule then all I have to say is Too Bad. What would YOU do in my situation? Honestly? If you need to warn me then go right ahead. Ban me for all i care too, I have 2 posts including this one. Great loss of contribution lol. Frankly, you could delete my account and both my posts, and you'd still be closer to a helping me resolve my issue. smh.
Anyway, thanks again.

Old November 24th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 18 Will-O-The-Wisp User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 11 h 59 m 25 sec
Hello!

I've removed your name from the end of the post located here: http://forums.devarticles.com/mysql...html#post458343

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that you experienced trying to get this thread created. To eliminate future frustration, I've upgraded your user permissions so that you should now be able to edit your own posts and post URLs. If you aren't please either post here or email me at markr@imninjas.com and I'll make sure that you are.

Dev Articles is a much older forum, running on vBulletin 3.X, and I'm afraid there's not terribly much activity here anymore. Most of the coding activity on the Dev Shed Network happens over at Dev Shed Forums

There is a LOT of spam though. A whole lot. Which is why editing your own post and including URLs are restricted. To my understanding, vBulletin 3.X lacks the sophistication to distinguish between external and internal URLs when banning URLs - so that it's an all-or-nothing effect.

The inability to send PMs makes less sense to me though - I'll adjust that so that all users can send PMs.

Would you like me to update your account for you so that it's tied to a more current email address?

I'm sorry again for the frustration - if you ever need help again, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at markr@imninjas.com and I'll act as soon as I can.

-Mark

Old November 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 12 WackoZacho User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 5 m 45 sec
MARK! My hero! Thank you sir for your swift response and help resolving my issue. I was able to get my e-mail address up to date.

I was unaware of the all-or-nothing ban on URLs. I used to admin over a few IPB boards back before they became Zeta, and I know they all used very very similar back-end generators. I guess I was just used to a more developed version.

Sorry for my frustrations, I really do enjoy the site, and I'll appreciate being able to message a MOD in the event I need help in the future.

Regards, and Happy Thanksgiving.

ZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroberts
Hello!

I've removed your name from the end of the post located here: http://forums.devarticles.com/mysql...html#post458343

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that you experienced trying to get this thread created. To eliminate future frustration, I've upgraded your user permissions so that you should now be able to edit your own posts and post URLs. If you aren't please either post here or email me at markr@imninjas.com and I'll make sure that you are.

Dev Articles is a much older forum, running on vBulletin 3.X, and I'm afraid there's not terribly much activity here anymore. Most of the coding activity on the Dev Shed Network happens over at Dev Shed Forums

There is a LOT of spam though. A whole lot. Which is why editing your own post and including URLs are restricted. To my understanding, vBulletin 3.X lacks the sophistication to distinguish between external and internal URLs when banning URLs - so that it's an all-or-nothing effect.

The inability to send PMs makes less sense to me though - I'll adjust that so that all users can send PMs.

Would you like me to update your account for you so that it's tied to a more current email address?

I'm sorry again for the frustration - if you ever need help again, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at markr@imninjas.com and I'll act as soon as I can.

-Mark

Old November 24th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Contributing User

Posts: 18 Will-O-The-Wisp User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Day 11 h 59 m 25 sec
No problem! I really do understand the frustrations - this older version of vBulletin is a blast from the past and hasn't kept up with modern advances in UI or UX

Anyway, yes! Feel free to email any time and I'll respond as quickly as I can!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsCommunityThe Lizard Lounge > Moderator please help me

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: