Web Server Configuration

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignWeb Server Configuration

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 OtagoHarbour User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 32 m 39 sec
Reputation Power: 0
DMZ Router Acting Like Passive Connection

My PC is currently running Windows 7 and I use Firefox as a browser.

I have a Verizon business account with a static IP address so that I can host a web site from home by forwarding through port 80. The Verizon router is an ActionTec router. I have purchased a Linksys Wireless-N Gigabut router, model # WRT310N to use as the DMZ. I would like an application PC to be protected behind the Linksys router which is not port forwarded. The setup is as follows.
Internet - Verizon Actiontec R. - Linksys R. - Application PC

I also have a web server PC that is connected directly to the Verizon Actiontec router. I set up the Linksys router but am worried about the following.
1/ I went to myipaddress.com on the web server and the application PC and got the same IP address. Should they not be different?
2/ The manual for the linksys router gave me a web address to go to to set up the router. I went to that address and got the Verizon ActionTec setup page instead.

It seems that the Linksys router is just acting like a passive connection instead of an active filter.

I'm new to this so please excuse me if I appear clueless but I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered.

I should point out that I do have Internet connectivity. I can access my web server from anywhere.

Thanks again,
Peter.

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignWeb Server Configuration > DMZ Router Acting Like Passive Connection

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: