Web Server Configuration

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 

User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignWeb Server Configuration

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 

Unread Dev Articles Community Forums Sponsor:
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Dev Articles Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 1 bigjme User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 2 h 23 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Nginx PHP issues

Hi everyone,

i have been setting up a new production server on one of my windows servers. I know it should be on linux but for now i am trying to set it up standalone on windows.

I have the entire system set up and running currently using wamp which runs fine but isn't as fast as nginx so i want to move over.

I have set up a fully functioning nginx server, with php support and a mysql server. But if i refresh a webpage too many times (20 a second for 30 seconds) the php server crashes with no error logs, the console (php-cgi.exe) just close without warning.

Using the same files and the same setup under wamp i dont get any issues.

Here are some details for you on the services running, if you need more then let me know:

nginx 1.7.10 windows
php 5.6.6 and 5.6.5
mysql 5.6.23

This is my start up command
Code:
@ECHO OFF
start apps/php/5.6.6/php-cgi.exe -b 127.0.0.1:9000 -c apps/php/5.6.6/php.ini
start apps/mysql/5.6.23/bin/mysqld --standalone --console
start nginx
EXIT

i can switch php version by changing the launch command and the issue persists over 5.6.5 and 5.6.6 using 32 bit or 64 bit, on thread safe and non thread safe.

my php.ini file looks like this pastebin

i have no idea why this is crashing, nginx is still running fine and so is mysql. CPU load for php-cgi never exceeds 13% and the memory usage never exceeds 60mb so its not limited in any way

I am running my server using a custom initialization script, meaning every request gets sent to a php file, which then checks website permissions, subdomains, and then gets the files from that so a webpage load is rather intensive (every image is read and displayed by php) but it is the way i want it to be and works perfect on wamp. One thing i must say is when run using wamp under the same situation (6000 page requests in 30 seconds (full webpage)) the cpu usage for it is 26% and 300mb of memory but never goes higher and never runs into issues.

as you can see the server i have build is entirely standalone so runs no services which is how i want it to function.

i have attempted to add the following to the end of the php run line "PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=0 PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=15" but this did not help.

Is anyone able to help with this issue or point me to a change i may be able to make to see the reason the server crashed?

server specs;
intel xeon e3-1230v2
16gb DDR3
server running off of SSD

memory available to server: 12GB+ at all times

This server is my home server and is used only to host certain websites (all free, and community driven) so help is hugely appreciated

Regards,
Jamie

EDIT

for now i have changed my launch config to
Code:
@ECHO OFF
SET PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=15
SET PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=0
start apps/php/5.6.6/php-cgi.exe -b 127.0.0.1:9000 -c apps/php/5.6.6/php.ini
start apps/mysql/5.6.23/bin/mysqld --standalone --console
start nginx
EXIT

this seems to be leaving php working but i am unsure if it is the best solution.
A webpage you guys can hit and try and take down using the new server is:
http://wordpress-test.evans-hosting.com/

EDIT

it seems a point was made to cripple the server entirely which seems to have worked. server load is only at 33%, and php is using 25% with a memory usage of 20mb, but the server is reporting internal server errors which is strange as it should be running still with so much spare overhead

Viewing: Dev Articles Community ForumsWeb DesignWeb Server Configuration > Nginx PHP issues

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: